Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Gangs all Here...

~We may not have it all together, but together we have it all~



Let me start by saying my husband and I had it all figured out (when we were young and thought we had full control of our lives), we would have one more child after the twins. Kevin would tell me as I held our daughter, "Enjoy it, she will be the last baby till we have grandkids."  He has said it 2 more times, before we decided to completely surrender to God's will in our lives. We don't know the future or the number of children God will send our way.  Each time another child is born into our marriage, we feel like we couldn't imagine life without this little person in our family. We just can't live without them.  Would never want to live without them.  They are the greatest achievement of our marriage and a testimony to our walk with Christ. Our children, they are on loan.  They do not belong to us.  We know this, but it doesn't make them any less revered and loved.  They are the absolute focus and heart of our family.  We have 5 total, but cheated a little with the twin teens: B and Q.

The twins aren't too much alike unless they finish each others sentences (it happens frequently).   As you can see they are fraternal twins and Q (in the pink shirt) is 5 minutes older and never lets B (green shirt- you already figured that by your superior deductive reasoning) forget!! 

Baby B- and Baby A respectively...14 years later. 
Often referred to as my twin titans!!  They are awesome!!

Next the princess and lone girl, I.  She is the apple of our eye and has just the right amount of Sass, Smarts and Sweetness.  She has so many talents and gets away with (next to) murder at times, as girls often do.  She begs for a sister.  She is the kindest person I know.  And I will be the first to tell you that it has nothing to do with anything I have done.  She is completely her own person and truly a treasure! 


Three months after meeting Pope Benedict in Rome and getting his papal blessing in our wedding attire..D was conceived.  We believe the blessing helped immensely.  He is completely and utterly himself.  He is rough, and sweet (sparingly), and so darn smart; he really keeps us all on our toes.  This kid was born for something HUGE!! Not sure just what yet.  Could be the WWF, Could be the cure to cancer; but in the meantime we will just be sure to treasure his ....unique D-ness.



And the littlest Hunt our Baby Angel, N.  He is pretty much awesome, we love him up.  At this stage (1) he is a momma's boy. But he growls and wrestles with the boys, and really wants to keep up with his older brother.  As you can see my children have their Daddy's beautiful big eyes, and their momma's heart and soul!  The love of our lives....  



Last but NOT least....THE MAN of the house.  It is the smallest pic (he is camera shy) but takes up the most room in my heart...my Hunk-a-Burnin'-Love and Love of My Life..  He is the rock of our family, He is funny and wonderful.  I really did win the husband lottery. He is a KEEPER!!!

 

"As far as anyone knows, we are a normal family!"

I saw the above plaque at my friend T's house the other day and I will steal it for I feel it encompasses the richness of family life.  We all have our inadequacies and our unique-style; so any other description will fall short.







Why do you have so many kids?  You know how that happens, right?  You are pregnant, AGAIN!, Are you crazy?  Just a few of the utterances I have gotten from my own family, friends and total strangers at the store.  We are Catholic and embrace our churches teachings on contraception.   We wouldn't change a thing, the blessings God has trusted us with are worth every inconvenience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment