Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Look what I made....


I made my very first rosary Monday in my Catholic Assault Vehicle (CAV for short).  The twins were at soccer practice while the younger kiddos played at the playground.  It was a win-win-win. My friend, Ann, and I had been talking about teaching me to make a rosary for some time. (Okay for 5 years - can you say procrastination?) So we finally made it happen.  I agreed to pick out some beads and forgot.  Luckily she is not as scatterbrained as I...so we used all her cool beads and created a master piece.  Viola!!  It's not as easy as it looks! I dropped beads after stringing a bunch!  I didn't cuss, which I think would defeat the purpose...yeah probably!  I forgot an "our father" bead completely!  But it's still my very first and most beautiful rosary I ever made.

My daughter and I have been saying a rosary every evening together, her idea...she is pretty great!  And we made one for her, it has lots of Pink in it.  We are hooked.  My friend Margaret, came by yesterday and we chatted about religious freedom while waiting for our super delish Chick-fil-A (HHR mandate be damned) and then proceeded to think up a "Rosary for Religious Freedom".  We are working on it...so stay tuned.  Why not start saying your rosary for the intention of US Religious Freedom?  The mandate goes into affect Jan 1, 2014, unless we flood the gates of heaven with prayer. We can do all things through HIM.  We call our rosaries our weapons at our house!  The meditation can move mountains.  You can almost feel them move- in your heart that is.  It's easy, during a car trip, between loads of laundry, while making dinner, during a hike (one priest told me not to do it while exercising - so I stopped doing that - multi-tasking taken too far!) at the beginning or end of your day.  Give Our Lady some time, meditate on her Son's:  passion, life, miracles.  I guarantee you will see a change...and then you will want to keep that feeling of lightness and love in your heart.  So you will be hooked, like us. (we could totally make a book like "If you Give a Pig a Pancake" about this).  See book here  Hope your day is Heavenly!!!

Sidenote: We saw the most amazing cloud on the way to soccer that night, it looked like giant angel wings with a rainbow beneath.  It was pretty much AWESOME!

Here is my favorite site w/ lots of options for an easy daily rosary.

Here is an awesome compilation of mp3s of the Holy Most Blessed AWESOME Rosary


No comments:

Post a Comment