Monday, July 22, 2013

When Life Gives you Sour Cherries....Make Tart Cherry Crumb Cake.

It all began when my father-in-law asked me if I wanted some cherries....the correct answer to that loaded question is always YES!!   So then I must paruse the internet for recipes.  I found a gold-mine with many different types of recipes (I'll share I promise).  The first one I wanted to try called for pie crust which I have not perfected yet and didn't have any pie crust in the "I-can't-make-a-decent-pie-crust" tube.  So I went to plan B from Martha (funny our gospel this last Sunday was about Martha and Mary- Mary picking the Better Part Lk 10:38-42).   Martha Stewart gave me the prefect platform for my little tart cherries to shine.  Here it goes. 
 
The Moose was a wedding present.  He's pretty cool, and a fun addition to a family full of kids who make lots of messes!  If you would like to help us name him, please put your suggestion in the comments.  How in the world have we not named this dude??  We have been  married 10 years. 
 
butter and flouring the pan.

mixing the crumb topping

 
My best helper!! Whenever the whirl of this machines humms, this guy comes running. 
He is my #1 taste tester~ waiting... kind-of patiently.

 
Cake batter,

Stir in the cherries.

 
Into the pan,

 Ready to bake

 crumb topping - check!

 
And in you go, you sour little treasures~

 
Arrr, my helper is now Capt Hook! Blimey!

 
Soo...I guess I use to eat butter when I was younger, he comes by it honestly. 
 As you can see he could use the extra calories. 
 
 
And Viola, some sweet-tart cherry crumb cake...Thanks Martha.  
The crumb cake was heavenly!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment